Case inventory

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

Case inventory

Postby farmacyfarms » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:10 am

How do I setup inventory if I buy in peaches by the case, but I sell them by the pound, or by the peck, or by the case? Also, how do I track waste (ex. I had 3lbs of peaches go bad, I have to reduce inventory, but also want to keep track of quantity of waste for write off)
farmacyfarms

Re: Case inventory

Postby kurtwm » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Why not use a scale to sell by weight. You can also setup your products by adding several buttons on your screen for one product but with different values. For example: case price $24.99....single $1.99...and so on. The instructions are online.

To track "waste", you could setup a single button with a dummy inventory, starting with zero. At the end of the day/week simply enter the value of waste under that button. Your inventory will show this as an item "sold", but you know otherwise. If you want it to show as a minus value, simply enter the value as a "refund" under that button and it will show on your inventory reports as a negative value.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Return to CRE Forum