Report Formatting

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

Report Formatting

Postby ErikaWalters » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:29 am

I love...and hate, hate, hate...this software. My main issue, currently, is that most of the reports will not format properly. My Detailed Daily Report is fine, as it prints "reciept" style. Almost all other reports (Detailed Sales, etc...) will only show a reciept-size portion of the page, and not all of the information. I have tried resizing, exporting in various extensions (jpeg, bmp, etc...) and going through the "Friendly Printer Setup." I want to pull out ALL OF MY HAIR. When I go into the printer setup, it will allow me to change the printer, but not the type (Reciept, Full Size, etc...). Actually, let me adjust that: It will let me change the type, but it will not save it and reverts to Full Page/Size, whatever. At any rate, I cannot get the reports that I need. Please, someone...help?
ErikaWalters

Re: Report Formatting

Postby kurtwm » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:58 am

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure I understand 100% what you mean by being able to only print "receipt style". My detailed reports print OK.
Here is our setup for a Dell C166W printer:

In CRE under "friendly printer setup":
1 Under printer setup our printer is set to "None/default"
2 report type is set to full size
3 paper size to 8.5 x11

In the Windows printer setup
1 set your printer to "default"

There are other ways of setting this up, but this works for us.
My complaint is that the printout is still poorly formatted and uses enormous amounts of paper to print the detailed reports we wish to print each day.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby ErikaWalters » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 am

I see why you don't understand: I wasn't clear! The only printer I have for the system is a posX, reciept printer. Am I to understand that the only way to print reports that I can read is to get another "regular" printer?
ErikaWalters

Postby kurtwm » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Yes, Erika, That is the only way to get a detailed report because it uses all of the 8.5 x 11 size. I purchased a $200 color laser printer and it works OK for us.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby alaskamusicone » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:19 pm

I assume most of us have the standard and not the Enterprise version of the software. I find we really need to have more in-depth reporting than is offered by the Standard version but find the cost of upgrading difficult to justify. Expanding the number of Crystal Reports available is a back-room function that has nothing to do with the number of stations you run. Why not a reasonable upgrade fee to unlock them? One of the functions we use the most often is an inventory search. You drill down the the list you want but there is no way to capture that list or print it. Every time I run up against this it makes me angry. I'm currently looking into working with a third party that can set up the reports I need.
alaskamusicone

Postby kurtwm » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 pm

you might look at the the post from angelaboston under "Paying for support. Maybe you can contact her and if you are lucky she might be willing to help. You can send a message to her by clicking on her name.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby alaskamusicone » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:39 pm

Hello. I don't seem to be able to contact anyone directly. When I click on a name I do get a screen that looks like a direct contact page, but I can't seem to activate anything on the page or type a message. This includes trying to message kurtwm or angelaboston. Thanks.
alaskamusicone

Postby kurtwm » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:54 pm

I am sorry, I told you wrong. I should have said to click on the "mail/letter" icon below the posters name and date of the posting. It's to the right of the post. Please try again and if you still have problems I will try to contact angelaboston for you.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby alaskamusicone » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:39 am

Kurt . . I would like to renew my efforts contacting angelaboston for help with reports. The email icon doesn't seem to appear on anyone's info anywhere for me. I would appreciate your efforts in this regard. I want to create intelligent customer lists that include email, addresses, and telephone numbers along with the departments the customer is buying from. It is frustrating to me that this isn't included in the standard edition of CRE. Thank you again for your help. I wish this forum would take off. It has such potential with the tens of thousands of CRE users across the country.

People can contact me here or at k.giles@alaskamusicone.com or at alaskamusicone@gmail.com. Thanks again.

Keith Giles
alaskamusicone

Postby kurtwm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:11 pm

I sent Angela an e-mail with your message.

I agree, CRE only maintains a basic list with customer information, but you can't do much with it unless you can retrieve the information and import it into another tool.

You might want to look into SQL Server Management Studio. It is a tool that lets you look at your DB contents and select from the various tables the information you want. It's free and you might actually already have it on your PC, if you run Windows. If not, you can download it from Microsoft for free.

I just started experimenting with the tool because I have a need to retrieve and export items out of my database. Good luck.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Return to CRE Forum