Board Question

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

Board Question

Postby Tgrocery » Sun May 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi Kurt. I tried to post a reply to an older question. The system told me that it had been too soon since my last post to post another. My previous reply was like 10 minutes earlier I guess.

Probably missing out on some good conversation overtime because of that. I'm suprised PCamerica doesn't have its on board. I'm glad you got this board though. We need a place people can bring up issues.
Tgrocery

Re: Board Question

Postby kurtwm » Mon May 25, 2015 7:40 pm

The reason for the waiting period between posts is to minimize the number of posts from robots. If I don't do that I might have a few hundred junk posts with commercial contents and it takes forever to clean it up. I changed the waiting period to 3 minutes. Unfortunately this software is not as intuitive as I wish it was.

Thanks, for your comment, I appreciate it. That is precisely the reason I started this forum and it actually started off pretty good, but then slowed down again. I was very discouraged with PCAmerica's help desk. Many of my questions could not be answered or they simply referred me to their online documentation. I made our system work OK and we are content now. I am still complaining about the huge amount of paper that is printed each time I print an inventory list or a list of items sold that day.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby Tgrocery » Mon May 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Ya I understand. Like the end of day report. Header, blank page, date, header again with blank page etc... I'm not sure why they wouldn't fix something like that. So far the help desk has been helpful with answering my questions and or resolving issues for me. Now I may not be able to understand what they are saying half the time, but that's another issue.
Tgrocery

Postby IngaBowyer » Tue May 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi, folks.

We are considering upgrading from CRE to Restaurant Pro Express (RPE). Knowing what you know now, would you stay with PCAmerica or switch to a different POS?

A bit of background and my reasons for asking:

We currently use CRE in our specialty grocery store (imported German and European foods). It works reasonably well for us and we have no big complaints. However, later this summer we will add a sit-down delicatessen/QSR where we'll serve sandwiches, hot and cold salads, bratwurst, soups, fountain drinks, pastries, etc. plus we also intend to serve beer and wine. We will also have deli cases where customers can order meats and salads by the pound for consumption at home. For those not consuming deli items on premises, we will permit them to checkout at the deli counter or at one of the store's registers.

We will have takeout orders and we may eventually do deliveries to customers within a certain area. We won't have a waitstaff per se, but we may give a customer a table number and then run their sandwich out to their table if we need a few minutes to prepare their food. We may have a bar in the outdoor patio area. If we are successful, we hope to add other Store/Deli units in our area and beyond.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. - Inga
IngaBowyer

Postby kurtwm » Thu May 28, 2015 12:39 am

I do not now the specifics for RPE and therefore can't give much advice. You might want to add a post under the RPE forum and perhaps there is someone who can be more helpful.

Why don't you get a copy of RPE and put it on your PC or laptop and give it a try? Import your database from CRE and see what happens. I don't know if they are compatible or not.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Return to CRE Forum