Embedded Prices

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

Embedded Prices

Postby RLCBusiness » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:58 pm

I am having problems getting a barcode to scan properly. I am copying and pasting the problem as it was emailed to me.
Embedded Price format is treating the P token as a quantity instead of a price as it should. The 13 digit barcode (i.e. 2100123099951) generated by the customer's scales is formatted to show the last seven digits as PPPPPPC which should result in a price charged of $99.95. Unless we put $0.01 in the "price you charge" field, this does not work. The system is treating 9995 as quantity, not a price. We have tried various formatting of the tokens; no luck so far.
RLCBusiness

Re: Embedded Prices

Postby kurtwm » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:27 am

I am not sure I understand the problem 100%.

Barcodes typically are 12 or 8 characters in length. Some businesses ignore the first and last (checksum) characters and work with 10 or 6 characters, respectively. I am not sure where the 13 characters come from in your description. I have a feeling this might be your problem, throwing off the fields the DB is expecting resulting in erroneous returns.

I have no experience with scales and the setup of price charged for a certain amount of weight. Have you looked at the setup instruction? Here is a link to it:

https://c528a1c3-a-82a64781-s-sites.googlegroups.com/a/pcamerica.com/support/file-lockers/pdf-locker/Price_Embedded_Barcodes.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7cqB_ugBLbBMMhR2Sh4xc1xndRWITonrRWailA3o5U-WfuE0KMcxAs7Qh7HQixV0lLrBeVWsfIQ06WGRoeWPcDKl8H0zvwZxWHdpQ8dgA7ncrJK2LTi_jGjOowbzQfc86C1ywDdAlBJ_6VLe9Hq6SF5UneJXuznW8tzcebh2YUPcTecOTyite7iiDSBmLUJ-2gtujHZa897gGfUPv1a0zrOXCJI3BArNdNVoZTNMyOkjjU8FSiDTInWUxuyiLSde9H6dDy6R&attredirects=0
kurtwm
Site Admin

Return to CRE Forum