Editing item to sell: edit 'incomplete'

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

Editing item to sell: edit 'incomplete'

Postby AHilaire » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:28 pm

I have been looking through the manual on the P.O.S. system and have some editing to do, however am unable to find in the help manuals where to do some changes and editing:

•I have a botton that was previously edited from 'Pop Over' to 'Caramel Apple Hand Pie' but when it is pushed, in the Que it still says 'Pop Over'
•As well as, being unable to find the item number for the products already listed, so I may be able to print them out

I'm mostly having trouble finding how to edit and add buttons to the individual Departments
AHilaire

Re: Editing item to sell: edit 'incomplete'

Postby kurtwm » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Sounds to me like you changed the description of the button, but never linked it to your inventory item or you do not have an item in your inventory with that barcode. Have you looked at page 10 of the "Getting Started with CRE" manual? Here is a link to it, if you need it:

https://download2.pcamerica.com/cre_getting_started_manual.pdf
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby AHilaire » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:31 am

Unfortunately it was someone before me that no longer works here, who created the button. I am unsure of even how to create a new button under the individual descriptions...

As far as the second bullet point goes, I want to know where to find a list of everything so that I can have all the product numbers that are on them.
AHilaire

Postby kurtwm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Removing or hiding unwanted buttons from the menu is very simple. Same with printing complete inventory reports. Caution on the inventory reports. They can be very lengthy because of poor print formatting. Instead of actually printing a lengthy inventory list, you can save it as PDF file and scroll through at your convenient.

You really should print out the basic instructions (I posted the link previously) and carefully read through it. It is all explained in there and would take too much time here to provide detailed step-by-step instruction for everything you wish to do.

Make sure you take a backup of your database BEFORE and AFTER you make any changes to your system. It's easy to restore the data in the event you get yourself into trouble making too many accidental changes and can't find your way back.

By the way, you seem to be new to CRE. May I suggest you download a demo copy from their website to your personal computer, i.e laptop. Instead of "playing" around with your working system, you can use the demo copy to learn all the different features at your convenience. The demo is a full working version, except it is limited to the number of items in the database.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Return to CRE Forum