CRE font, button hiding, and dialog box question.

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

CRE font, button hiding, and dialog box question.

Postby tradingpostindian » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello all,
The retail store I work at recently bought a license for CRE and we've been loving it. However, there are some things that I have questions about that I would like to be changed, and the rep who sold us the software is trying to get us to buy a $200 training program - not very helpful. It's just a few questions on functionality. Is there anyone here who may be able to help? I have searched the in-program help menu as well as the FAQ site. This company is starting to not seem very reliable, and it's extremely frustrating.

Specifically, the "close shift" button does not seem to be hide-able, and I would like to hide it. I would also like to change the font of the department buttons and retail items in the TS lookup screen, but I cannot find a way to do so. Is this functionality not built in? Finally, I would like to find a way to make dialog boxes larger. We have a 22" screen and the dialog boxes (and therefore the buttons) are very small.

Thank you for any help!
tradingpostindian

Re: CRE font, button hiding, and dialog box question.

Postby kurtwm » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 pm

There is no option to hide the "close shift" button. It's like trying to hide the "cash" button". The font is what it is, you can't change that either. As far as enlarging the whole window, have you tried to hit the square button, between the - x button, top right screen. The windows should work just like any explorer window. You can enlarge it, minimize it or close it. It should enlarge the buttons a little and everything else you see on the screen because that part is managed by Windows and not the CRE. We don't use that large a monitor so I am not sure what will happen on a 22" screen
kurtwm
Site Admin

Re: CRE font, button hiding, and dialog box question.

Postby CREuser » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 am

It may be possible to make it appear that the font changed size and that the buttons are larger by changing the resolution of the screen. A 22" screen is quite large for a program as basic and non-graphics intensive as CRE. I would suggest changing the resolution to something like 1600x900 or maybe even smaller and seeing what happens. This setting should be under the "display options" menu in Windows (if using Windows 10, right-click the desktop and select "display settings" and then click "advanced display settings.")

Also, I think I have to agree with what kurtwm said, I don't believe there is an option for hiding the buttons or manually selecting a new font.
CREuser

Return to CRE Forum