Auto-logout feature for Cash register express?

Comment here if your interests are with Cash Register Express
Forum rules
Absolutely no offensive remarks/comments. Backup your comments with facts. No obscene language. We reserve the right to remove any post deemed offensive in our view (not yours). To keep spam messages to a minimum, you must respond the e-mail link sent to you upon registration. Check your spam box in the event our message ended up there.
Note: Numbers are not allowed in a username

Auto-logout feature for Cash register express?

Postby CREuser » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 am

Hello. Is there a way to log out automatically after X amount of time of inactivity on cash register express?
CREuser

Re: Auto-logout feature for Cash register express?

Postby kurtwm » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Not in CRE, but you can configure a timeout in Windows and lock the Window after a specific amount of time.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby CREuser » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, Kurt. I occasionally have multiple employees using the POS system during the same shift, and rather than tapping the tiny "file" button and then the tiny "exit" button so that another employee can log in, I was seeing if there was a way to automatically log the employees out. Short of logging windows out, do you know of a good way to accomplish this?
CREuser

Postby kurtwm » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 pm

I don't see a way to automatically log an employee out after a certain time of inactivity. I think the only way is for employees to use the cashier function and logout/login.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby CREuser » Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 pm

I figured it out! For some reason I missed it the first few times I looked, but if you go to Manager/Options, Set Up, Set Up Screen, And the Invoice Settings, there is a small box in the middle of the screen called "Idle Log Out" and all you have to do is type in the number of minutes of inactivity you want before logging out automatically.
CREuser

Postby kurtwm » Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 am

Great news. Learned something. Sort of a strange place to put that function in the Invoice setting window.
kurtwm
Site Admin

Postby CREuser » Thu May 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Yes, I thought it was a strange place to put it as well. The manual for CRE isn't the most organized thing, either.
CREuser

Return to CRE Forum